- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Lower speed to medium-low and slowly add flour and water; mix until just combined and batter forms.
- With your hands, form into a 2-inch in diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove plastic wrap from dough. With a knife, slice dough into 1/2-inch rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden then allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Dip the cool cookies halfway into the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a cooling rack or wax paper to until the chocolate sets.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.