- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in egg and add vanilla. Add flour.
- Refrigerate dough while cleaning up, then drop by rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheet, pressing down on center. Leave enough room for cookie to spread. Bake until edges are medium brown. Or, which I prefer, shape into a roll wrap and freeze until ready, then slice and bake.
This Easy Butter Sugar Cookies recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.