- 1 box (1 pound) Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Dutched)*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer place powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and egg whites.
- Using the paddle attachment mix on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium high for 2 minutes. Stop mixing and add pecan pieces and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Scoop batter into 2 tablespoon amounts and place on cookie sheets with 1 1/2 inch space in between.
- Place in oven and bake until cookies are lightly puffed in center. When touched with a finger the center should feel set but still be soft.
- Allow to cool. Cookies will firm up once completely cold.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- For these cookies select good quality cocoa powder as the flavor of these cookies is primarily obtained by cocoa.
- This batter freezes extremely well when placed in a tight sealed plastic bag. Frozen the batter can be scooped and baked after 10 minutes of thawing.