Chill for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream butter, honey, and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon scoop to portion dough. Roll into a ball and roll into remaining sugar. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.