Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 6 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs, blend well with an electric mixer.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla, mix well. Do not over mix.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until just set in the middle, about 12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- When cakes have cooled, spread about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling on flat sides of half the cakes. Sandwich together with remaining cookies
- Cream Cheese Filing: Combine cream cheese and butter, blend until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and sugar, and mix for about 2 minutes.
This Laura’s Pumpkin Whoopie Pies recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.