- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1, 3.4 oz. package lemon instant pudding mix (not sugar free)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats and set aside.
- Place brown and white sugars in bowl of a standing mixer or a large mixing bowl. Zest in lemon, then blend sugars and zest together with your fingers until evenly combined and fragrant. Add butter and beat until creamy. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract, then beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. By hand, stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden and set, rotating pans’ positions halfway through. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheets for two minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.