Lemony Greek Easter Cookies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:12 to 0:15
5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In bowl of an electric mix combine butter and sugar. Beat until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla extract, mix well. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together salt, baking powder and flour. Slowly mix this in with lemon mixture. It will come together in a dough. If sticky, you can add a little more flour.
- To form cookies, shape balls of dough into about 1 inch balls. Roll into a rope about 6 inches long. Lay rope on counter in front of you and shape into a “U”. Fold ends over twice, to get the twisted look. Place on a baking sheet. Brush with milk, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ginny Vollmer :: Lori :: Sherry D :: Tami S :: annie :: kimikazi :: Kelsey Scott :: Karim Momin :: michellealvarado :: Dawn C :: Sadaf :: Krysten P :: Amy Patton :: [email protected] :: Beth H :: Allie :: Steffany :: vickie :: dezi_87 :: katie link