Chill for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon whipping cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer bowl, beat together butter and both sugars on high speed for 3-4 minutes until combined and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to cream mixture.
- While it creams, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a separate bowl.
- Slow speed of mixer to low and slowly add in dry ingredients until well incorporated. Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled and become more stiff, use a tablespoon to scoop dough. Using your hands, shape dough into individual balls and place on baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and remove pan from oven.
- Quickly add 2-3 mini marshmallows to each cookie, pressing down into the baked dough. Marshmallows will begin to melt on their own.
- Drizzle each cookie with 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce and serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Delk Adams @Grandbaby-Cakes.com.