- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add egg and blend.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Add oats and toss to combine.
- Stir flour mixture and milk into butter mixture. Gently mix in butterscotch chips and pecan pieces. Do not overmix.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten cookies so that they are an even height.
- Bake for 11 – 14 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack.