- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or any orange flavored liqueur (or 1 teaspoon orange extract)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Stripped or grated zest of 2 fresh oranges
- 1 cup flaked coconut
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly spray baking sheets with a non-stick spray.
- Beat butter or margarine with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in Grand Marnier or orange extract, as desired.
- Whisk flour with baking powder and salt and graudally stir into creamed mixture. Gently fold in orange zest and coconut.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough about 2 inches apart on prepared sheets and bake 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 -2 minutes then carefully remove to racks to complete cooling. Store cooled cookies in airtight containers held at room temperature.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe originally appeared in the 1985 issue of our Good News Cookbook. Tested by Gerry Speirs @Foodness Gracious.