- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (7.3 ounces) all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup, divided Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (7.1 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until well combined and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in peanut butter until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough, shape into balls, and roll in remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, until cookies are puffy.
- Remove from oven and make an indentation in the centers by pressing in with the end of a wooden spoon. Continue to bake for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cool, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of preserves into each indentation. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.