Pecan Orange Cinnamon Slab
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:50 to 0:60
- Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Orange zest from one large orange, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange liquor, Cognac or Brandy, optional
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Optional but it makes cleaning up easier: Line a 15 x 10 inch pan with parchment and set aside.
- Rolling dough will be easiest when being rolled onto a large sheet of lightly floured parchment paper. Reason being is that you can transfer sheet to a refrigerator or freezer if dough gets sticky while rolling it. Otherwise roll on floured surface large enough to cover entire pan including sides. Roll dough onto rolling pin and unroll it onto pan. Press onto sides ensuring that dough is fully covering all sides and corners, trim overhanging dough and set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat butter just until melted but absolutely not boiling! Remove from heat and stir in brown and regular sugar. Add corn syrup, vanilla, salt, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Whisk in eggs and to combine. Add liquor.
- Scatter pecan pieces evenly over rolled pie dough, reserve pecan halves.
- Pour 2/3 of filling over pecan pieces. Place pecan halves on the floating pecan pieces. Using a ladle pour remaining filling over pecan halves.
- Place in oven and after 15 minutes lower heat to 325°F. Bake until center is set and no longer trembles, about a total of 50 minutes.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sara H :: jojo :: Melanie Robinson :: Sherri :: Sarah K :: MiMi :: Michelle :: Maria M :: Dena W :: Ferg W :: greenpelu7 :: sandee p :: Patt everest :: Nice Buns :: sugiersouth :: Vangie :: LaThomas :: Kaori G :: Megan J :: ann