Sweet Tart Dough Crust
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg + 2 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange, no white bitter pith
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 pounds/3 bags (12 ounces each) pecan pieces
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line bottom of a jelly roll pan (12 1/2 x 17 1/2 inches) with parchment paper and set aside.
- For dough: Mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and on low speed mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using your fingers press dough evenly flat onto parchment lined baking sheet. Ensure that the walls or sides are fully covered and that dough is pressed evenly. In case if dough sticks too much place pan in freezer for a few minutes in between pressing it flat.
- Prick dough using a fork over the entire surface and bake in a 360°F (182°C) oven until light golden, about 15 minutes. Keep any remaining dough.
- If any part of the sides or bottom broke, slid down or a hole is present, press some remaining dough into that part and set aside. During baking process filling is very runny and could seep thru parts that are broken. (Prick holes from using fork are of no concern.)
- For pecan filling: In a saucepan bring all ingredients excluding pecans to a full boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add pecans.
- Spread mixture on prebaked crust.
- Bake in a 320°F (160°C) oven for approximately 55 minutes. The filling will first bubble and then will “set”, once set remove from oven.
- After cooling place a cutting board or another jelly roll pan on surface. Flip upside down and remove jelly roll pan and parchment paper.
- Flip over again and cut in desired size.