- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
- Optional: Red colored sugar or sprinkles
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, stir to combine. With a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the food coloring, chocolate syrup and yogurt. Beat until blended. Scrape the sides of bowl if needed.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- With a medium ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough onto the prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, one cookie sheet at a time, in preheated oven for 8-9 minutes or until the cookies slightly spring back when touched.
- Cool on baking sheets for few minutes before moving to cooling racks. Let cool completly before frosting.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting. With a teaspoon, spread cream cheese frosting on top of the cookies and decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.