- 1/4 cup grapeseed, canola, light or mild olive oil or other healthy oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients beat oil, egg white, sugar, brown sugar and salt until well combined.
- Add apple sauce, vanilla extract and oats.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon and add to above. Mix in raisins.
- Preferably allow batter to sit for about 15 minutes, doing so will allow batter to firm as oats will absorb some of moisture from apple sauce.
- Scoop dough in 1 tablespoon amounts onto parchment lined or well buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is nearly set.