- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour*
- Optional chocolate sprinkles to garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, oil and both sugars on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and add in cocoa powder until combined evenly. Finally add in flour, mixing until combined.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop dough onto lined baking sheet. Add sprinkles now if desired. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are set. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.