- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy then gradually add sugar and brown sugar; continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down sides as needed.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer to low, slowly add flour mixture mixing until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips, oats, shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Using dampened hands scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough and form dough into balls. Place on parchment line cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten slightly with dampened hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.