- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or other flavor of your choosing
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir.
- Add 2 teaspoon baking powder and 3 cups flour. Do not chill. Dough should be stiff.
- Roll dough to 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness on floured surface. Use cutters to to make shapes you want.
- Bake at 350°F for about 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with homemade butter cream or store bought icing.
This Thick Soft Baked Sugar Cookies recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.