Auntie Dee’s Sugar Cookies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:10 to 0:12
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (dissolved in 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix salt, baking powder and flour and set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter together.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond flavor and baking soda dissolved in vinegar.
- Mix in dry ingredients and combine well.
- Make into balls (around 1 inch) then press with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Linda Rice :: jenn bic :: russelfan2006 :: t :: Voni :: Joy B :: Elizabeth M :: Adia H. :: KC H :: Rick :: JASON :: Nadia T :: DCrittenden :: Troyce :: rpeto :: Christy7547 :: Stephanie H :: Laura B :: NETTY B :: littlekat