- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 6 pouches Redi-Measure or 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Then, mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated after mixed.
- Then, mix in salt.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and add to above ingredients. Stop mixing once flour is fully incorporated in mixture.
- Spread mixture on a 13 x 9-inch parchment paper lined or well buttered pan.
- Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center feels firm when gently pressed.
- Let cool before removing from pan and cutting.