- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart jar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Place granulated sugar in bottom of jar; pack down.
- Layer 1/2 cup of brown sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips and remaining brown sugar in jar, pressing firmly after each layer. Top with flour mixture. Seal lid tightly.
- Decorate with a holiday ribbon and baking instructions.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Beat 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of softened butter, 1 large egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large mixing bowl until blended.
- Add cookie mix and beat until combined. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 24 cookies.