Chocolate Dipped Mint Meringue Kisses
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- Few drops green food coloring
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed for 20 seconds.
- Add cream of tartar and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Continue beating on high speed, gradually adding sugar one tablespoon at a time.
- Beat until egg whites are stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat. Fold in mint extract and food coloring.
- Spoon mixture into pastry bag. Pipe (36) 1 1/2 inch diameter kisses, 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until meringues are dry looking and have small cracks on the surface.
- Turn off oven. Let meringues stand in oven for 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute, stirring until melted. Microwave an additional 15-20 seconds to melt chocolate, if needed. Dip bottoms of meringues in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: campersin :: Lavene :: christine r :: Ashley :: melanie Freeman :: Casey M :: brwron :: Suesan Daragjati :: SandyM :: kmh1373 :: Andrea L :: Cupcake :: Louise Smith :: Valonda S :: chicky P :: sedwards :: Genia C :: Cathey50 :: snookums :: Lisa T