Lemon Drop Cookies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
3 - 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour milk (to make sour milk, add a little vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Yellow food coloring
- Lemon Butter Cream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Then, add eggs and mix slightly.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to mixture. Add lemon extract, baking powder and flour. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Optional: Prepare Lemon Butter Frosting and add yellow food coloring last blending well. Spread frosting as desired on cooled cookies.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: KIM D :: PattOcream :: Brenda :: kandace :: aserendipity :: MaiWirri :: Catherine R :: None :: BEN Y :: Stacey S :: chef boy :: Re :: Briana Henderson :: TCooke :: Michelle Lynn :: Claudine B :: Mumwhobakes :: Danielle Traxler :: Jacqueline O :: Louise Gore