- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 - 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Then, add egg, vanilla and salt to mixing bowl. Continue beating to obtain a light and fluffy batter. Scrape the bowl and mix more.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add sifted dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- The dough can be chilled to make handling easier. Make tablespoon size balls, about 1 inch. Pour cinnamon sugar in bowl and roll balls to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on baking spray coated or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden. Once cookies are done, transfer to a wire rack and let cool.