Chill 45 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and using an electric mixer mix until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg, whipping cream and vanilla. Blend thoroughly and chill until cold, approximately 45 minutes.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until sides and bottoms are light golden. If desired transfer to a wire rack to cool.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Fact: Sugar cookie recipes typically consists of sugar, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla and either baking powder or baking soda. The sugar cookie dough is then either formed by hand or rolled and cut into shapes before baking. Sugar cookies can be served plain but are often decorated with frosting or sprinkles.
This Sugar Cookies with Whipped Cream recipe is unique because whipped cream is added into the dough. If you are planning to make your own whipped cream for this particular sugar cookies recipe, make sure to have some granulated sugar on hand. Find out more about our granulated and other sugar products.