- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- For sprinkling: Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Select 30 pecan halves and set aside. Chop remaining pecan halves in coarse pieces and set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugar and cream further. Add egg, vanilla and salt and mix until light and creamy.
- Sift flour and add in one step to creamed mixture, mix until just combined.
- Add chopped pecans and chocolate chips and stir into batter.
- Scoop dough using a small ice cream scoop or use a soup spoon and shape in 1-inch balls. Refrigerating dough for a brief time will make things easier.
- Place on a parchment or silicone baking mat lined or buttered cookie sheet. Place a pecan half on each cookie.
- Bake until light golden, about 12-14 minutes, baking time will depend on size of cookies.
- If desired sprinkle with powdered confectioners sugar.