Fruited Brown Betty
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
10 - 12 servings
- Cut or break day-old bread, using curst too, into very coarse crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Add 1/2 cup melted butter; mix thoroughly.
- Combine cooked apple slices, remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix well.
- Place a layer of 1/3 of crumbs in bottom of a greased 8 x 8 x 2" pan. Add a layer of apple mixture; repeat, ending with crumbs. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over topping.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Chris V :: Cher :: Monica P :: JennV :: joan :: Cari Bowen :: mary ann w :: Rose S :: Mary D :: Nonie :: chef JIll :: Pam :: BETITO B :: Laura G :: Lacey L :: one :: Nana :: Sue Met :: ChefEmily :: Chelsea W