- 2 1/2 cups flour*
- 1 cup cake flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 24 cake cones
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blue food coloring
- Pink chocolate coated candies
- Orange chocolate coated candies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Optional: Bow candies
- Pink sanding sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a pitcher, whisk together milk, half-and-half, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add eggs one at time, mixing well and scraping the bowl after you add each egg.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture. Add 1/2 of the milk. You add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, and the liquid in 2. When everything has been added scrape the bowl one more time. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two muffin tins with paper liners. Fill the paper liners three quarters of the way full. Press the cake cone into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove the paper wrappers, and let cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Buttercream: Add butter to bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the butter is pale, very smooth, and makes a slapping sound as it hits the sides of the bowl, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar one cup at a time. Mix until it is incorporated before adding the next cup. When all of sugar has been added, scrape the bowl. Add vanilla and salt, beat on low speed for 15 seconds.Increase speed to high. Beat until whipped, light and perfectly smooth, about 5 minutes. Scraping bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Divide in half and color one light blue.
- For bunnies - Ice cones with white buttercream. Add two mini chocolate chips for eyes, one pink candy for nose. Cut marshmallow in half on diagonal and dip into pink sanding sugar. Insert into top for ears. Add candy bow.
- For chicks - Ice cones with blue buttercream. Add two mini chocolate chips for eyes, one orange candy for nose, and two orange candies for the feet. Add a candy bow.