Green Tea Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 3/4 cup cake flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup green tea, brewed**
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 9 fortune cookies, for garnish
- *Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- **Steep a green tea bag for about 2 minutes, then measure 2/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest until well combined. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and green tea alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tray. Place into oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To prepare frosting: In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. With mixer on low speed, gradually add powdered sugar, beating just until incorporated. Add matcha powder and lemon zest. Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a small offset spatula or a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip to frost cupcakes, garnish with fortune cookies, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Chung-Ah Rhee @damndelicious.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rose :: Tracy L :: Tammy Peters :: Cindy :: Hilda T :: Nancy S :: Carolyn B :: Michelle E :: Elaine M :: Kaylee S :: Michelle H :: Tonya S :: Michele H :: Amy H :: Tasha S :: Debbie H :: CouponWendy :: jackie s :: merin r :: Erika O