- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Pineapple juice, to top
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine sour cream and pineapple. Slowly add to creamed mixture, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350°F for 24-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a toothpick, poke several holes in top of each cupcake, then brush each with pineapple juice. Frost with cream cheese or vanilla icing. Garnish as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.