- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup well drained crushed pineapple
- Double recipe Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- 16 ounce bag Jordan almonds
- 1 box premade candy flowers
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix well between each.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Add one third of flour mixture and mix until combined. Add half of sour cream and mix until smooth. Add another one third of flour and mix smooth. Add sour cream and once combined add remaining flour. Stir in pineapple.
- Place paper cups in a cupcake or muffin tin and fill cups generously 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes clean. Actual time depends largely on thickness of metal cupcake pans. Let cool.
- Prepare frosting. When cupcakes are thoroughly cold spread frosting onto surface or use a piping bag fitted with a medium piping tip.
- Decorate with Jordan almonds and a candy flower in center.