- 1 1/4 cups cake flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3 cups icing of choice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin or cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk; set aide.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs and beat with sugar for one minute. Add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, zest and oil. Stir in sour cream and blend until combined.
- With mixer speed on low, slowly add flour mixture, until ingredients are just incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Place batter evenly into prepared muffin pan. Fill roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes in pre-heated oven for 13-16 minutes. Remove when set and allow to cool in tins.
- When cupcakes have cooled, remove a small section of cake and fill each with 1 teaspoon of prepared raspberry jam and top with favorite icing. Garnish as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.