- 3/4 cup HOT water
- 1 raspberry tea bag
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
- Optional: Fresh mint to garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Place hot water and tea bag into a small bowl and set aside to steep.
- In a large mixing bowl add: butter and sugar. Beat for approximately 3-5 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Whisk together: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Squeeze tea bag from water and discard.
- Whisk together: egg whites, water and vanilla extract.
- Alternately add to butter mixture, equal amounts of flour mixture and then water mixture. Continue until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes OR until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan completely prior to icing.
- Pipe desired amount of frosting onto cupcake. Garnish with fresh raspberry and mint if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.