- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 to 8 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into chucks and place into a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the 10xx sugar; then add the milk and vanilla straight away.
- On medium speed with an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes each), until the icing is thick and has a spreading consistency. You may not need to add all of the 10xx sugar. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
This Battinburg Buttercream Icing recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.