Fresh Raspberry Frosting
Prep time :
Enough for 12 cupcakes
- 1/3 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 16 ounces Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, blend raspberries until smooth. Strain raspberries through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds.
- Using whisk attachment of mixer, cream butter or margarine and until light and fluffy. Sift powdered sugar. Add sifted powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Add one tablespoon of strained raspberry puree at a time, mixing well between each addition, until frosting is desired consistency. Top dessert with fresh raspberries, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angela Litzinger @Angela's Kitchen.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: tbug :: JennF :: Stillsweet43 :: Barbara S :: LizP :: Lacey :: Lin Nem :: Lyndia King :: ivania ginory :: Jeff B :: shere :: Jennifer Reed :: kathi o :: Suzann :: Prtjhns :: kena :: Rick :: Melanie :: Pastry Chef J :: Tonya Tipton