Whiskey Caramel Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Makes approximately 1 cup
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- Into a large heavy bottom sauce pan add sugar and water. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Cook, stirring continually, over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Then leave alone until mixture turns into a caramel/amber color. Remove pan from heat when color is achieved.
- WHILE sugar is cooking, into a separate sauce pan add: cream, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until warmed through and butter has melted.
- When amber color has been achieved, CAREFULLY and SLOWLY pour cream mixture into pot. Mixture will bubble furiously, gently stir using a silicon spatula and continue to stir until well combined.
- Once combined, add whiskey and stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly and then use as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Refrigerate any un-used portion, once mixture has cooled. Re-heat prior to using.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: tara :: cookinkat :: Melissa J :: Sharmin I :: Yvonne E :: Connie :: Corey :: Debbie R. M. :: Gwen W :: gamommy :: lamae :: Totocare :: reddmomi :: Lupita :: carla c :: Dina P :: SLangley :: ellatx73 :: Tasha Hummel :: Karen J