Black Cherry Sorbet
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:25
Chill 4-6 hours
- 1 pound pitted dark cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- Bottle of prosecco or sweet sparkling wine for serving, chilled
- In a small sauce pan combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3-5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cherries start to break down.
- Pour into a blender or food processor, or and process until smooth. Be careful when blending hot foods.
- Place in fridge for 4-6 hours or until chilled.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and allow to churn for 20-25 minutes, according to the instructions. Put in an air tight container to freeze.
- To serve scoop sorbet into a glass and pour chilled Prosecco over the top.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rick :: Crafteelaydee :: Ashley D :: Rina Mendoza :: Emily W :: Connie B :: Tammera :: Elizabeth :: Jose G :: jemmet D :: judyb :: Claudia :: Mae A :: Kimberly D :: gideon9583 :: Angela in Marble Falls, Texas :: C J :: tammieb :: Kelly :: Isabel Lamar