Green Tea Coconut Ice Cream
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 hours or more + Freeze time
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and matcha powder; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, whole milk, sugar and salt until scalding. Stir in egg yolks, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth or fine sieve and add to heavy cream mixture, whisking to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 25 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Chung-Ah Rhee @damndelicious.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Darlene B :: Linda B :: chefmiyuki :: kellicalab :: Natalie L Baldwin :: Tempie :: Angie A :: Pamela Johnson :: Viviana C :: Karen :: ABURD :: iline :: mindi :: dara :: lana k :: ValerieS :: Kassie N :: Nicole Marie :: bmcneill :: Christina S