Papaya Coconut Granita
Prep time :
Freeze Time - 4 hours or overnight
- 8 cups papaya, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Place diced papaya, sugar syrup, coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour papaya-coconut juice mixture into a 9x13 inch (square) baking dish and place in freezer.
- Freeze for 4 hours; using the tines of a fork, stir mixture every 30 minutes, scraping edges and breaking up any chunks as the mixture freezes.
- Divide granita into individual serving glasses and serve with toasted coconut.
- Toasted Coconut: Place shredded coconut on a baking sheet in a pre-heated 300 degree oven. Toast in oven for 5-8 minutes, until golden stirring occasionally.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: bonnie M :: Ana O :: VIRGINIA :: Chrsity Reese :: DianeO :: Carolyn J :: ChefEugene :: Val :: Clare :: lisa torrez :: Redcheflady :: Wilma Muntz :: amanda h :: DianeW :: designerdresses b :: Lindsay K :: Tammy M :: Joyce M :: Carolyn Johnson :: Lisa Nelson