- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 4 peeled pears
- 1 cup dark sweet chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream
- Add sugar to water and a splash of vanilla extract. Bring mixture to boil.
- Add in four peeled pears, lower heat and cook gently for 30 minutes. You can refrigerate pears in water/sugar syrup for 24 hours, but I just place pears next to ice cream. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and add a tiny bit of water/sugar mixture to make chocolate smooth. Pour chocolate over ice cream and pears.
This Pears Helene recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.