Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 pounds strawberries - stems removed, halved or quartered
- 1/2 pound rhubarb - roughly cubed
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place strawberries and rhubarb into a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour strawberry mixture onto baking sheet. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with black pepper. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth. Return mixture to refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled transfer mixture to ice cream maker and use according to manufacturers directions.
- Store any remaining sorbet in freezer.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Renai L :: Chelsea Monique Morris :: NatJ :: dulce :: pat ferfuson :: Patricia H :: Hayley Justin :: tabowen :: Wendy D :: carie p :: D :: George D :: kbirdwell79 :: gp :: susana c :: kelsie :: Shasta C :: Silverbell :: cheryl b :: Carol M