Freeze 4 hours or more
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, dried and hulled
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons, juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Place strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a blender jar and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold. This mixture will fill a small 8-cavity mold or larger 4-cavity molds.
- Place on a flat surface in freezer and freeze for at least four hours, until set.
- You will be able to see some strawberry seeds in the finished popsicles. If you want to be seed-free, before pouring into molds pour the liquid strawberry mixture into a mesh strainer over a large bowl and push gently with a spatula to allow the liquid through, leaving the solids behind. Transfer seed-free mixture to the molds and freeze.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
NOTE: This recipe is great for strawberries which are on their last leg and need to be used quickly. If you don’t have fresh strawberries, substitute frozen strawberries: thaw completely and allow the excess liquid to drain well before pureeing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.