Strawberry Sweet Tea Popsicles
Prep time :
Freeze 3 - 4 hours
20 - 30 popsicles depending on size of mold
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 16 cups water
- 4 family size tea bags
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat.
- Tie tea bag strings together and dunk 4 tea bags into the hot water. Lay tea bag tags over side of the pot and let tea steep in the hot water for about 6 minutes and then remove tea bags.
- Puree 2 cups of strawberries with lemon juice. Strain strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer or a cheese cloth. Add strained strawberry juice to the hot tea and stir.
- Add 2 cups sugar to a large pitcher. Pour in hot tea and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add in remaining water and stir.
- Add 2 or 3 strawberry slices to each popsicle mold.
- Let tea cool down to room temperature and carefully fill each popsicle mold with strawberry tea.
- Add a popsicle stick to each mold and freeze popsicles for 3-4 hours or until frozen solid.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sonya Renae H :: Samanthat G :: DerbyNurse :: Yolanda Avery :: Martha T :: pat j :: Tiffany K :: ChefDusty :: Cathie B :: Sarah :: Melissa :: Arnaldo N :: jeff mastick :: nid :: Catherine2402 :: Tammy C :: Dawn Majors :: Sherry C :: Wanda :: nanzell