Chill 3+ hours
Freeze 2-3 hours
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups (approx) watermelon cubed (2 1/2 cups juice)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium sauce pan heat sugar, cornstarch, whole milk, and heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thickens slightly; about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Puree watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pour through a strainer. Chill for 3-6 hours.
- Mix chilled juice with milk mixture. Make sure it is cold. Pour into an ice cream maker, and churn for 20 minutes, or according to the appliance instructions.
- Once churned, fold in the chocolate chips. Place in an air tight container in the freezer for 2-3 hours until ready to serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
NOTE: Adjust the level of sugar for how sweet your watermelon is. If it is not super sweet, add a little more sugar.