Wedding Cake Ice Cream
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cake mix
- Into your stand mixer bowl add: egg yolks and 1 cup sugar. Mix until mixture is light in color and creamy.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan add: milk, cream, salt, vanilla extract, remaining sugar and cake mix. Stir to combine. Heat mixture over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear on sides (do not bring to boil). Remove from heat.
- Gradually add egg mixture to to liquid, stirring as you go. Return pan to heat and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Allow pan to come to room temperature OR place over an ice bath to cool it more rapidly.
- Transfer to refrigerator and allow to chill completely.
- Churn mixture according to your machine's manufacturer's directions.
- Freeze overnight.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Tiffany :: Penny A :: 1nauntie :: Deloris Sanchez :: michelle :: Deb T :: Demomde :: JJ :: Veronica G :: PETA :: khills :: Catherine S :: liz m :: Chef Davis :: tdanks :: Nancy :: Maria G :: beetle7855 :: cindysharpe :: Angie