- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- For rolling/dusting: Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oil to 350°F over medium heat in a small or medium size saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cider, buttermilk, sugar and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Measure out dough in 1/2 tablespoons and use your hands to gently roll into a ball.
- Gently add doughnuts to oil and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Roll in a bowl of cinnamon sugar.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.