Caramel Apple Eggrolls with Caramel Apple Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4 - 6 servings
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Eggroll wrappers
- In medium large pot, bring brown sugar, cinnamon and butter to a boil. Add apples and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- Strain caramel from apples into a pourable container and place apples back in pot.
- Boil remaining sauce 3 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Lay out an eggroll wrapper with a point facing you. Place about 3 tablespoons of apple filling in a line down center of wrapper, corner to corner leaving plenty of room on ALL sides to completely seal in filling.
- Bring point closest to you over filling and press around filling gently. Fold in left and right corners. It will now look similar to an envelope. Lightly dampen upper corner with a bit of water then roll filling rest of the way up to make a nice neat eggroll. Set aside edge down. Repeat with rest of apple filling and eggroll wrappers.
- Heat a large skillet with about 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat. Fry eggrolls, rotating often to brown evenly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with caramel apple sauce and ice cream.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Kat :: Marilyn :: kim england :: Samantha A :: Deb Waldron :: Gail :: Juan l :: Mary Woods :: Revjoy :: Cheryl H :: alisha m :: Diana M :: Barbara :: disposablerawka :: Jennifer Waterman :: Pamela :: E C :: Linda Strong :: Raven B :: simone p