Chocolate Cherry Cannoli
Prep time :
Strain ricotta overnight
Chill mixture 1-2 hours
10 - 20 cannolis, depending on size
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 10-20 cannoli shells, store bought
- 7 ounces dried or fresh cherries, finely chopped
- Strain ricotta in a cheesecloth overnight. And chill until most moisture is gone. If using fresh cherries, chop in advance and strain.
- Combine drained ricotta, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined. Fold in vanilla, melted chocolate and cherries. Chill for several hours before piping into cannoli shells.
- Dust completed cannoli with cocoa powder or powdered sugar to finish. If desired, garnish ends with finely chopped chocolate.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: caroline h :: mdoucet :: Debbie M :: Sheron C :: Sonia :: Ochibimax :: Billy M :: Margaret Y :: bibiana :: Chefpatt :: dauncrabb :: Yoli :: Shelly Herzhaft :: Faye H :: Patty Wade :: Nolan Hawthorne :: enerihdz :: James J :: Carolyn M :: Joni