Chill dough for 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very cold
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place flour in a bowl of a food processor and place in freezer along with food processor’s blade attachment for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut butter quickly in small cubes and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ice water with salt, and sugar and place in refrigerator.
- Remove cold flour bowl from freezer and add butter. With blade attachment mix mixture briefly until butter pieces become smaller than peas and mixture feels like coarse meal.
- With machine running add water mixture very fast and mix just until dough forms. Do not over mix! Chill the dough in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Use a round cutter (approximately 3-inches in diameter) to cut rounds of dough.
- Place 1 teaspoon preserves in the center of pie dough and fold to seal. Pinch edges and press with a fork to seal.
- Whisk egg and brush over tops of pies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, water, and almond extract. Drizzle over cooled pies.