- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, in slices
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons bread or all-purpose flour*
- 4 large eggs + 1 egg white
- Double the recipe: Raspberry Curd
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- Raspberries for decor, 1 pint
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients bring milk, water, salt, sugar and butter to a boil.
- Remove boiling mixture from heat source and rapidly stir in flour with a wooden spatula or heat resistant rubber spatula.
- Return mixture to the heat source and stir over heat for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball and leaves a dough type of film on bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat. Incorporating eggs can be done using a stand mixer or hand held mixer. Either drop batter in a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment or in a regular bowl.
- Mix in eggs and egg white one at a time waiting for the previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Mix until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a pastry tube with an approximately diameter of 1/4 inch , pipe batter into 2.5 inch long tubes on parchment or buttered and floured cookie sheets. Allow approximately 1 inch space between each piped éclair.
- Bake at 375° F until very dry and crisp and deep golden. Do not underbake as this will cause the éclairs to collapse. When you believe they are done, take one éclair out the oven and feel the sides, it should feel crisp. Let sit for a 3-4 minutes, if it does not collapse, remove the others from the oven. Let cool. Éclairs can be frozen unfilled.
- Meanwhile prepare raspberry curd and chocolate sauce and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, twist a small hole on the end of each mini éclair.
- Place raspberry filling in a pastry bag fitted with a small round pastry tube and fill éclairs.
- Dip éclairs into warm chocolate sauce and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.